Warranty and Returns
Every EVELO electric bicycle comes with an 18-month warranty against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on its frame, battery, controller and motor assembly.
This warranty applies only to the original registered owner of the EVELO bicycle and is not transferable. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, malfunctions, or failures due to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, accidents, or other improper use.
It is important that you register your new bicycle within 30 days after purchase in order to activate the warranty and provide a record of the serial number of your bike.
*** To activate your new EVELO Electric Bicycle warranty, please register your bike here. ***
Terms of the Warranty
For your reference, we’ve outlined the comprehensive terms of the warranty below:
– Frame, Battery, Controller and Motor Assembly – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of eighteen (18) months from purchase. After any warranty period has elapsed, you may purchase spare & replacement parts by contacting us.
– Replacement Batteries (if provided) – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of six (6) months from purchase.
– Other Components – are warranted by the individual manufacturers.
Please note that while every effort is made to provide our customers with a superb shopping experience, issues sometimes can arise during shipping. If any parts happen to be damaged during shipping, EVELO will send a replacement part at our expense and will work with you or the bike shop of your choice to fix the issue. If the issue cannot be fixed, EVELO will exchange the bicycle.
For warranty issues, EVELO will cover the cost of labor involved handling the warranty service within a 30-day period after purchase. To receive this service, the customer needs to bring the bike to the authorized EVELO Full Service Dealer from which the bike was purchased. If the bicycle was purchased on the website, EVELO can help to arrange an appointment at a bike shop near the customer to investigate and resolve the issue. If a part or component is faulty, please contact us by email and provide a video or photo of the faulty part.
After the 30-day free repair labor period, the owner will be responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements.
For any parts under warranty that will need to be replaced within the 18-month timeframe, EVELO will cover the cost of freight to the customer.
Limited Remedy: Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective components and parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of EVELO. Unless within the free 30-day repair labor period, the customer is responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements.
In no event shall EVELO be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Exclusions: The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover normal wear and tear. All warranties are void if the electric vehicle is used for other than normal activities, or outside of recommended parameters including but not limited to exceeding the maximum recommended rider weight of 250 lbs, failing to follow the owner’s manual or using the electric vehicle for commercial activities or in competitive events, and training for such activities or events.
EVELO makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Our no-hassle return policy allows you to return the bike to us within 7 days from the date of delivery for a refund or exchange.
Terms of Return & Procedures:
– To return a bicycle, you need to request a Return Authorization.
– Once the Return Authorization is issued, you will need to pack the bicycle back into its original packaging and ship it to the warehouse address provided.
– Please note that the returned bicycle must be in like-new condition and include the original packaging. It is also important that the bicycle is packed well, as any damage caused during the return shipping trip may be deducted from the refund.
– Returned bicycles are subject to an 10% restocking fee from the original purchase price.
– Please note that the shipping costs are not refundable. If you purchased an electric bicycle with a free shipping promotion, the actual cost of shipping the bicycle to you will be deducted from the refund amount. Customer is also responsible for the shipping costs back to the warehouse.
– Refunds will be issued back to the original method of payment within 10 days after the EVELO electric bicycle has been received and inspected.
*** To return or exchange a bicycle, please request a Return Authorization. ***