Benefits of Electric Bicycles
Electric bikes offer many benefits. We’ve listed just a few of them below,
- Commuters won’t arrive to work sweaty and out of breath. You’ll arrive refreshed and relaxed, with no need to change clothes before work or take a shower.
- Parking becomes a breeze. You no longer have to circle the block in search of a parking spot or pay for expensive city parking.
- No more waiting in traffic. At times, an electric bike can even beat the speed of public transportation.
- Your average commute per day will cost you around 5-8 cents (up to 40 miles). Over one month, that’s only $1-$2.
- You will become more active and finally be able to work on your fitness goals. Rather than having a regular bike collect dust in the closet, you’ll find yourself looking forward to the next ride on an electric bike.
- You will burn calories and get more exercise on an electric bicycle.
- Biking helps improve coordination. Even if you haven’t ridden a bike for years, it’s a skill that is easily picked up again.
- You’ll find yourself spending more time outdoors in the fresh air.
- Your commute will be less stressful, resulting in a calmer beginning to your work day that will carry through until it’s time to bike home.
- You can go further on a bike without worrying if you’ll have enough energy to cycle back. Take a weekend trip to the country or spend a day exploring.
- Electric bikes make any sort of errand easy and quick. Take your child to school. Pick up groceries. Optional rack bags or a bike trailer provide all the carrying power you need. And since according to the 2009 National Household Travel Survey, half of all trips in the US are less than 3 miles, biking makes good sense.
- Effectively flatten out hills with the help of the electric motor.
- If your significant other loves to cycle, but you find it hard to keep up, an electric bike helps you spend more quality time together.